http://www.theage.com.au/news/opinion/why-10-is-too-young-for-your-first-brazilian/2008/01/07/1199554567704.html
The above link is so disturbing I can't reproduce it here...if you can link you can..but I find it abhorrent.
As John Tarrant in his book "The Light inside the Dark", says:
In the great silence, integrity listens for the true course …
Integrity helps us find our place in the world. This is its durability;
its irreducibility, its affinity with the stones that make up the earth’s mantle.
Integrity stands on the primal matter that we found through suffering.
And because of its affinity with the stuff of the earth, it links us to our grandparents, the ones who are in the earth, and our grandchildren yet to come, whom the earth will produce like flowers.
Maybe that is what I am seeing in Obama right now.
We need more of this stuff called "Integrity" ..it is gone..we need it back in the world.
6 comments:
AMEN!!!
Integrity is the key. Obama has it and I beleive there is more than a shred of it in Edwards and McCain.
As for the rest of them, who knows. They seem to have forgotten or don't know what it means. Or, like Huckabee, they have it but, their world view is so narrow, it won't allow them to practice it fully.
I went to the Age web site. I am as reviled as you.
This phrase "Nobody really likes hair in their private regions and it has a childlike appeal." is particularly repulsive. It is designed to appeal to the pedophile. That is really disturbing.
This is the first time I had heard of this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'm not sure what I can do about it, but I will think of something.
(Damned fool, idiots.)
Yes to Barack!
We now have hope back.
Thank you for reading it Jack...I was too horrified to even comment fully. You have said it for me. Thanks.
I am curious about Edwards. I would like my Yankee friends to fill me in. I know this is shallow of me, but having seen Susan Sarandon and Tim standing behind him I am now curious...as I have admired other stands they have taken.
Fill me in, Jack and Karen.
You can find out more about Edwards at this web site.
He is a self-made man from a working class family. His comments during the ABC debates showed him as a man of passion and energy. I susped there will be an Obama/Edwards ticket when the dust settles. It could go either way as to which will be the presidential candidate.
McCain also has a good chance as well.
Hope this is helpful.
When you go to that site click on the link about John, or this link.
Thanks for asking.
Post a Comment