
Sorry date set:Prime Minister Kevin Rudd will issue the formal apology on Feburary 13!
"Reconciliation Australia" co-chairman Mick Dodson has welcomed the decision to issue the apology.
"I think this is monumental. It is something people have waited for, for a very long time," he said.
"It's hugely important to us as nation and to members of the Stolen Generations."
Former national ALP president Warren Mundine says the Federal Government has taken a "massive step forward" by deciding to issue an apology.
Mr Mundine says it will help the nation come together and further the healing process
"In regards to the politics of it all, I think it's really going to set the tone for the incoming Rudd Labor Government," he said.
"It's the first sitting of Parliament and it's really going to set the tone for the next three years of this Government and how Australia acts and what it does. To me it's a massive step forward for us.Finally!!
1 comment:
Huzzah!
I am hopeful that the USA will get its collective act together and elect a president who will have sense enough to know that just because you have the weaponry, you don't have to use it.
I am more impressed with Obama everyday. I intend to be present at our State's caucus on Tuesday evening to help our cause.
Saying your sorry may make you vulnerable, but it also makes you stronger. It comes from respect of self, which leads to respect of others. When there is that respect, there are fewer times when sorry is necessary.
Still love your posts. You do continue to...
serve others, care about those you serve and share the love in your heart.
Post a Comment