
Tell me, doctor sir, if you have the time
Tell me, doctor sir, why charge the price you do.
Oh I know, doctor sir, that you have study long and hard
But that was years ago
And I know, doctor sir, that you have many bills to pay.
Tell me, doctor sir, why is it that you are so greedy?
Is it, doctor sir, because you can be?
Oh I know, doctor sir, that there are overheads to consider
But you are one of a select few in this town
who can see a patient right now.
Our Government, doctor sir, pays you a good living
Through our taxes, doctor sir, you are sure of payment.
Tell me, doctor sir, how would it be
If every time you needed help you had to pay
half of your weekly income?
You don't brook any excuses, doctor sir, for not being able to pay
You even charge if the appointment must be broken
No excuses, doctor sir, you say.
Our health is our life, doctor sir, we have no choice in this
But you, doctor sir, have us by the balls.
So, doctor sir, I say to you, when next you need a friend,
Help in putting out the fire in your house
or the collecting, doctor sir, of your garbage.
We will, doctor sir, charge you half your weekly income
And see how you like the feeling.
2 comments:
you're writing political poetry! ooh!
i like the repetition of the "half your weekly income" as it makes a great impact.
Thank you for your support, Bird, for my pathetic attempts, I truly appreciate your time..you teacher, you!
love ya.
Post a Comment