My god - ess

My god - ess

Wednesday, 18 June 2008

Bereft of control (over a tree root)

There is no reason
no purpose
no sense.
Only foolishness
a feeling of rage
of intensity
of loss.

There is no reason
to stamp
and to moan
to sweat
and toss
should leave it alone.

There is no reason
obsession takes over
thoughts mingle
with anxiety
and they make
no sense at all.

There is no reason
barring fear
and pain
to mull over the situation
and lose a days life
for it.

There is no reason
to behave like this
to leave your reasoning
to a useless object
that does not matter
in the least.

The reason is
loss
lack
bereft
control.
The reason is
self
gone
choice
missing.

At the mercy
at the warp
at the weft
of Life.
It has taken it out of me.
I am done.

2 comments:

Bird said...

that last stanza kicks . the previous stanzas build to it - the trick is to get the other stanzas to kick as well while building to the last one.

you've got some good material to work with here, if you want to.

nicely done PW.

Polly said...

Thanks for your directive. I shall always take what you say on board and hone it.
I have a major problem. I cannot re-work stuff. It flows, it comes, it is said, it is done.

It is who I am and how I write and that is why it will never EVER be great.

ta!