My god - ess

My god - ess

Sunday, 4 May 2008

"See This Gift I Have Brought.."

Many years ago when I was young and callow, my newfound boyfriend brought me a rose
cut from his own mother's garden.
He said;

"See this gift I have brought..."

It was one of many quotes he has given me over 35 years and more.

It was from "Far From the Madding Crowd".

Yesterday he called out;
"Could you find a poem for me. It starts like this..."

Here is his latest gift to me.

After all this years, after all this time, after all this water
Pouring from my eyes.
He says;
"This is how I feel about you".



Love Poem by E. E. Cummings

i carry your heart with me (i carry it in
my heart) i am never without it (anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
i fear
no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet) i want
no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)

4 comments:

boneman said...

that IS cool.

I, however, am on the other end of the stick...
as in, having given up my own for two others just to be tossed aside.
Now, that hurts.

I'de say hang on to anyone that throws tat as a real feeling ....

boneman said...

h (please insert this letter into "tat" so it spells "that")

Jack K. said...

A beautiful poem and sentiment. You both are truly blessed to be with each other. And, we your fortunate readers, are blessed by your sharing such sentiments.

What a great way to...

Serve with integrity, care about those you serve and share the love in your heart/soul.

Polly said...

Oh boneman!
Have a bit of my heart. I can afford it!

You Jack are in the same boat...lucky lucky!