My god - ess

My god - ess

Monday, 24 September 2012

Bits and Pieces

I am now fifty nine. My last year in my fifties.

My son is still in South Korea.

My daughter is still in Sydney but now the Assistant Director of "Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre" in Liverpool, NSW but still involved in new Australian theatre projects the latest being 'A View From Moving Windows'.

My baby girl is in Melbourne, Married and now the mother of my first grandchild.

And we are still here.

I do some ironing now and again for a few pennies and my dog is still keeping me centred.

My man has been to hell and back AGAIN and he is on a new treadmill of worry which we shall face.

And I am still sick of those who would 'Pollyanna' me to death.
I am still heading off for counselling and instead of being told to 'snap out of it' or 'others have it harder than you' or 'be grateful for what you have' or blah-bullshit-blah..I am told most people have two major incidences in their lives to deal with. I have had at least SIX. This puts me into the realm of 'PTSD'. So all that 'get on with it' and 'move on' actually damaged me further.

Getting validation is an amazing gift. It frees you to think differently about how things have been going for you.
Getting validation means someone recognises what my life has been and says; that is pure shit, and then begins the skills to deal with it.

So here I am still with my man, still hanging in there even when it all seems so difficult and extremely unfair. It is usually those whose 'plans' in life have panned out and generally have gone in the direction of their control who tell those whose haven't, 'god doesn't give that which you can't deal with'...etc...well I can tell you; there is NO god and if there was he is a right bastard.

And so I move on because of the work I do and because I want to get through this.

Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre
A View From Moving Windows

No comments: