NORMAN WISDOM 1915-2010
Here is the man who personified my youth, my growing in laughter, my father's sense of the absurd.
He is the one who when people say to me; "Goodness you are easy to make laugh" I think of in my childhood.
I have a book, called "Film Fun" put out by British film companies of the 1950's. He is on the back cover.
Norman embarrassed me and delighted me. He made me believe that we different people could 'get the girl in the end'.
I remember one scene when he was signing up for the armed forces in a British comedy. He was so embarrassed by his top nakedness that he got left his neck tie on and used it to cover his aeriola's. I was so embarrassed by this as a pre-teen, but also delighted by his overt coyness. It definitely mirrored my own.
So Norman...you lived a long and useful life. You were the epitome of the 'little man' who had a heart and had a sense of right.
Thank you;
Vale.
I shall remember you with a smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment