Rang my sister for her 60 birthday today. She tells me she is on the road to work and pulls over. Tells me she is ecstatic about her birthday gift. I had only given her a card that sang and a bracelet...but it was the OTHER present. Our first female PM.
I wearily turned on the news.
I watched with awe with disbelief.
I wanted Julia as our first PM but not just yet..may be in 2 years time.
I watched as Kev gave his speech and found myself crying and crying along with him.
He did so much in a mere 2 1/2 years that was trying to patch up and repair the pain and suffering of the previous 11 years of Conversative Govt.
I cried for the loss of an intellectual who had faults but worked so so hard to putting things right for the poor, the sick, sufferers of cancer, the homeless, the schools, the hospitals and most of all our indigenes!
I will be fine but ...
I am mourning today for the loss of a thinking, educated, hard working PM.
He is gone...
long live the new PM.
Ah me.
No comments:
Post a Comment