My god - ess

My god - ess

Friday, 16 January 2009

Democracy and other thoughts

Will be watching with hope, love and joy next ( our Australian) Wednesday at the inauguration of the new man in the White House USA!
YAYYYY!

So another Christmas has come and gone.
Another year has started and all the little chicks have gone back to their lives and their work.
We have learnt a lot this time.

It is time to let go...really really let go.

This generation that my children belong to is beyond my ken.
I just don't get it.

NO matter who brought them up, where they came from, the type of parenting, the type of parents, the type of family ( blended, mended, upended or suspended) or even like our own in tact and loving, they are amazingly different.

It is good because only they can move forward. I am too old now to do so.

I shall love them and leave them.

They have had enough of me and I am dumbfounded by them.

I doubt that they will miss me as I miss my parents. It was the anniversary on the 11 Jan of the loss of my dad.
Last December on his birthday was the anniversary of the loss of my mum.

I shall not forget.
I miss them.

And now the time has come to farewell my imagining, my dreams, my hopes and my expectations of and for my own children.

2 comments:

Jack K. said...

It is also the time to dream new dreams.

You are too intelligent and have too good a sense of humour to ignore this opportunity.

Polly said...

Cheers Jack. I suspect you are right.
Well now I hope you are.
Ta.