Dear America,
First of all this is a delightful surprise and I want to thank you for the most amazing gift.
Thank you so very much.
Many years ago we had a love affair. I loved you so very much. I loved so much about you..your strength, your generosity, your art, your theatre, your boldness, your kindness and compassion and I really loved your jazz.
I loved you till I could taste you in my food and hear you in the accents coming out of the cinema and the television.
I was a devoted fan. But that was long ago when I was young and callow and before I knew the physical pain of desertion.
Now you have connected with me again.
I am proud of you.
And I feel a love affair, a new love affair, one that is more mature, more equal and more honest than the previous one coming upon me and I am excited and touched with a breeze of expectation.
You, America, have not let me down this time.
I have waited for you for a very long time and now you have raised yourself up, recognised your faults and want to come home to the bosom of your lover.
You are now forgiven.
I love you, America.
Thank you for today. You have done well and I for one am going to revel in the delights of a new dawn a new day and a new hope for all of us.
Well done.
Your loving friend,
AAES.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
4 comments:
Thank you for your perseverance. Love can be fickle at times. At least on the part of the beloved. Sorry we hurt you.
A new day has dawned and as the Zen Master says, "We'll see..."
I am filled with anticipation for what lies ahead. Thing will not always go smoothly, but that is what makes life so interesting.
I did listen to the concession and acceptance speeches last night. I was inspired. Both parties gave wonderful speeches.
I am proud to be American, and prouder still to have friends from other lands. Our friends from France reported that in the town of Metz the held a mock election and Obama won 86% of the vote. A new day is dawning.
"We'll see..."
And, YES WE CAN!!!
NO new change is easy. Nor should it be if it is of worth.
I am glad he is there.
I am glad you are there.
I am glad I am here to watch with anticipation and wonder at the rebirth of a new America...not the money grubbing one of yore but maybe on more cautious and more educated like their new president.
He can only do so much...but he can inspire and lead...and do as little damage as possible to the world standing of America. Let's face it ..it can't be worse than W.
Yes you can, Jack...Yes indeed you can...you can overcome and be wonderful again. I truly believe that now...
Best wishes and from this lover of American jazz, you are forgiven.
obama will probably be more conventional than lefties and progressives would like, and more progressive than conservatives and uber-rightists would like.
obama, i believe, is a pragmatist who will make compromises to get things done.
i can live with that.
what i can't live with is a continuation of the divide that my country labors under. yet that divide is still there. obama won the popular vote- but not by a lot.
the only way to breach the divide is to compromise.
now we have to see who will compromise and who will not. and what the compromises consist of.
regardless, obama has inherited a fine mess, but the responsibility for fixing this mess is not just his.
no doubt, americans will never all agree on everything, and certainly the US and the rest of the world will not all agree either. but i have some hope that at least we can respect each other now. and see that the disagreements, when they arise, are based in reason, not idiocy.
Beautifully put, Bird.
I guess I feel more hope than you sound, but that is because I am on the outside.
I know the racists are still in their numbers, milling and mumbling into their gun barrels, but I want to learn to trust again and hope that these itinerant ignoramuses will be held back so that the banner will spangle again.
Those rednecks who are scared of colour are such hypocrites since they themselves are a colour.
Your new elegant first lady elect is going to be an intelligent and caring supporter of the greater good.
We have let out an audible sigh, here in the outside, and we are going to let you get on with it...in hope.
cheers!
Post a Comment