My god - ess

My god - ess

Saturday, 15 September 2007

Quotes that count.

Steve Biddulph (Australian author of "How to Raise Boys") says:
"If we don't stand for ultimate human values, if we lose
our moral compass, then we are a country doomed to fatal
division and decline. Who would even care about us?"
This is a genuine and far more pertinent statement about
values than that recently dished up to us by any politician.

Albert Einstein once made an interesting observation:
'everything that can be counted does not necessarily count;
everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted. '

It was Britain's wartime leader, Winston Churchill, who said:
"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing -
after they've tried everything else."


Definition of a committee:
a group of individuals who can do nothing individually,
and who meet to decide that nothing can be done together.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with all the quotes, though I cannot admire Churchill - he who sent the Black & Tans to brutalise Ireland...

how ya been? I've finally "unmasked" on my blog, fyi

Polly said...

I agree with your non admiration of Churchill.He sent the Australians to fight in Europe when we desperately needed them here in Oz as Singapore had fallen. He set up an imaginary line called the 'Brisbane line' where by Australia should be 'ok' with surrendering the top end of the continent to the Japanese if they should get over Papua-New Guinea and invade.
Ahh History...forever repeating itself!!!
Cheers to you Pete. Missed you. Will look up your blog soon as I get my stuff together.